Each person in the PCC community must abide by a rule of accountable behavior. This document communicates the objectives that PCC has of pupils, and it is meant to teach and guide pupils to comprehend their duties. This Code is aligned because of the College’s Non-Discrimination declaration and shall never be administered in a manner that is discriminatory. Every work will likely to be meant to balance the requirements and liberties associated with the person using the welfare for the community all together. This Code relates to all learning students, recognized student businesses, and sets of pupils. In addition, pupils that are signed up for particular academic programs are required to check out those associated scholastic and standards that are professional.
Consensual Relationship Statement
Note: The Consensual Relationship declaration is under review. For the absolute most up-to-date policy, go to the workplace of Equity and Inclusion.
The school seeks to keep expert, fair, and impartial relationships between faculty/staff and pupils. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come right into consensual relationships that are romantic their students. Concerns of fairness, coercion and favoritism may arise. Consequently, faculty/staff must not participate in consensual intimate relationships making use of their students that are current. Down load the Consensual Relationship Statement.
View the statement that is complete
In addition, people who supervise or measure the work of pupils should be recognized become making their choices fairly and without favoritism. This objective is possibly jeopardized when faculty/staff come right into consensual intimate relationships with their pupils.
Faculty and staff are cautioned that consensual relationships that are romantic their pupils can be unwise and problematic, and really should be prevented. Whenever consensual intimate relationships happen, concerns of fairness, favoritism, and coercion arise:
- Such relationships may undermine the true or recognized integrity associated with the guidance offered, and also the trust that is particular within the student-faculty relationship.
- Relationships by which one celebration is with in a situation to examine the task, or impact the career associated with the other might provide grounds for grievance when that relationship seems to offer undue access or benefit, limits possibilities, or creates an aggressive and unsatisfactory environment for other people.
- Such relationships may, furthermore, be less consensual than the average person whose place confers energy believes. The connection may very well be identified in numerous means by all the parties to it, particularly in retrospect. Though some relationships can start and stay harmonious, these are typically prone to being characterized as disrespectful and unprofessional to other people.
Consequently, faculty/staff must not participate in consensual intimate relationships along with their students that are current.
The student should be discouraged from enrolling in courses taught by the instructor or entering into work situations in which she/he would be supervised by the staff member if a faculty or staff member has a pre-existing consensual romantic/sexual relationship with a student. In the event that pupil does sign up for the program or work with the employees user, the faculty/staff member should eliminate him/herself from educational or expert decisions in regards to the pupil.
Should a faculty/staff user and their pupil result in an intimate harassment cost, the school is obligated to research and resolve the cost prior to the grievance procedure within the Non-harassment Policy.
Kiddies on PCC Properties
Young ones are welcome on Portland Community university campuses and properties in appropriate circumstances even though actively supervised by way of a moms and dad, guardian, or accountable adult. This policy describes the school’s way of making certain reasonable actions are taken up to protect the scholarly research and work place associated with the university, as well as the wellness, security, and obligation dilemmas connected with kiddies on PCC properties. Download the young Children on PCC characteristics policy.
Kids on campus Range
This policy relates to kids that are minorchildren) beneath the chronilogical age of 16 who aren’t formally signed up for classes or utilized by the faculty. This policy will not affect arranged tasks such as for instance going to a child that is registered facility, after college care tasks, college industry trips, and authorized programs including, although not restricted to, athletic activities, movie theater productions, art programs, along with other occasions aiimed at young ones.
Students underneath the chronilogical age of 16 that are formally enrolled, as well as whom an underage that is authorized kind is on file utilizing the Admissions Office, have a similar legal rights, responsibilities and privileges of any other pupil when you look at the class room as well as on university properties.
The school seeks to present a host that will be conducive to analyze and work. Young ones should be earnestly monitored by their moms and dad, guardian, or accountable adult at all occasions when they’ve been on university properties.
University staff, faculty and administrators have actually the duty to direct the elimination of a young son or daughter according to part 3.6 with this policy.
Unaccompanied kids: because of security and obligation dilemmas, except as otherwise defined in this policy, under no circumstances may latin dating unsupervised kids be on university properties, including playing, roaming, and occupying campus grounds or structures.
Any university worker whom discovers an unaccompanied kid on university properties should notify Public Safety associated with the precise location of the kid.
Kiddies is not allowed in places where their existence is troublesome or where wellness, security, and obligation dangers are identified. Areas by which kiddies are NOT allowed include:
- Testing facilities
- Classrooms (if the teacher determines that the existence of young ones could be unsuitable)
- Laboratories and preparation that is laboratory
- Scientific, technical and upkeep work areas
- Fine or arts that are performing areas or studios Areas that have dangerous chemical substances, equipment or gear
- Commercial kitchen areas along with other preparing food areas
- Fitness gyms
The areas might be defined as unsuitable for young ones due to a danger evaluation and supervisors regarding the particular areas are needed to notify staff and pupils of needs or limitations.
PCC transport solutions
Whenever young ones are people in every PCC automobile, including shuttle buses, the operators of the vehicles aren’t responsible for making sure child people meet kid security needs. It will be the duty associated with care provider to ensure any youngster associated them meet with the child security demands. Where safety restraints aren’t available, the care provider will make sure the son or daughter is precisely seated to attenuate accident that is possible damage. Failure to adapt to these directions can lead to son or daughter and care provider being rejected transportation (as relevant to ORS 811.210).
Duty of this University
- To offer a host conducive to examine and work with all pupils, staff and site site visitors.
- To supply a healthier and study that is safe work place for several pupils, staff and site site visitors also to conform to legislative requirements.
- To simply just take steps that are reasonable help pupils, staff and site site visitors and also require unique has to allow use of facilities and solutions.
Duties of individuals bringing young ones into the faculty
- To simply take steps that are reasonable protect the safe practices associated with the kids within their care while on university properties.
- To think about the risk that is potential the safety and health of others which will have bringing young ones to the university environment also to just simply just take reasonable actions to guard against those dangers.
- To lead to the behavior of this kids within their care, in order to not disrupt, inconvenience or endanger staff, pupils or other site site site visitors.
Duties of PCC staff and teachers
To removal that is direct of kid prior to this policy if:
- The kid’s safety or health are at risk;
- The little one is presenting wellness, security or obligation danger to home or other people;
- The little one’s behavior is causing undue interruption to the job of pupils or staff; or
- The current presence of kid is unsuitable.
Trainers are accountable to direct the elimination of kids from their classroom. Any member of staff on duty has the authority to direct that children be removed from the area in the case of public areas.
Pupils who want to attract a situation that is specific or whom neglect to comply, may stick to the Code of Scholar Conduct hearing procedure as outlined within the PCC Student Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
For problems, concerns, and much more information regarding the method, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Student Development Committee Chair: Wendy Palmer for internal questions about these policies, contact