The Myth: i have gone to the campus for a tour before, so I don’t need to visit as a student that is admitted.
The Verdict: even though you have gone to campus, it is helpful to visit as an admitted student as you think about your admission offer.
Exactly what a wonderful time of year! Admitted students recently heard that they are component of the Trojan Family now it is time for students to result in the important decision of where you should go to college. At USC, we have numerous programs for pupils to have one last appearance before they make their choice.
Often times pupils may think it’s useless in the future to campus in April when they went on a tour their junior or senior 12 months. But, it may absolutely be worth your time to see campus within the context as a student that is admitted. You are coming to campus to consider applying to USC. Is this a possibility when you take a tour as a prospective student? May I see myself right here? What information do I would like to know about applying?
Visiting campus as an admitted student is a totally various feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is completely a possibility. We have extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to take a serious and close look. Where would we be living? Who be my classmates? Which professors will be teaching my classes? What communities will I join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and start to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! You can sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half day programs), or Admitted Student Day throughout your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We may be visiting town near you! We realize that traveling to campus may be logistically hard, but we want to be certain to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can also be made at you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the working office of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We hope to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: we’ve been admitted to spring, therefore I’m waitlisted
The Myth: I’m a springtime acknowledge, so I’m fundamentally waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every year, USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And while we may be able to move a few of the students to the fall semester, springtime admission just isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
So just why do we take action? Well, every 12 months we know there will be pupils making in the springtime semester by either graduating early or studying abroad. We also employ a admission that is competitive at USC, so we can never ever acknowledge all the wonderful students whom connect with USC. So spring admission allows us to admit more of this amazing pupils we would like at USC because we all know we shall have more space available in the spring semester.
Spring admits are not any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after a couple of semesters of university elsewhere. Spring admits are just as much USC students as every other Trojan, and they are wanted by us at USC as just about any Trojan. Arriving at USC in the spring enables you to start your college experience in a way that is unique. You can ease into the university transition by taking classes at a local community college. You are able to explore the globe through a research abroad program. You can also take a break from the grind and enjoy a couple of months off of school!
For those who haven’t done so already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. You will find a lot of information about the resources we have for the spring admits ranging from course planning for the fall to USC that is purchasing football tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look forward to welcoming you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with decisions. If you haven’t already, don’t panic. We will contact every person by June 1st with either a request spring grades or perhaps a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For those of you have already been admitted, royal vegas redeem loyalty points or are wondering exactly what the steps that are next be in the event that you are admitted, this blog’s for you.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed that it says you’ll want to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of receiving your admission letter. This means, you have until June 1st to decide if you receive the admission decision before June 1st</sup. If you get the letter after June 1st, you have two weeks to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill in the FAFSA and the CSS profile ASAP, if not already completed. We do not wish your capacity to agree to USC to be held up by educational funding. The earlier we have these documents, the faster we can enable you to get the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not fully guaranteed for transfer students, there is some availability. The sooner you apply, the higher the possibilities. You can submit your housing application before the commitment deposit. USC additionally has off-campus student housing, therefore don’t forget to check those options as well.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 company days after your submit your dedication deposit. You will receive an e-mail aided by the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own many recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you’re a Trojan!
Of course, we’re constantly ready to help. So if you’d like anything, please just call us!